UES-24 notification is published today by Indian Army. All eligible candidates can apply. All male engineering degree students studying in Pre-Final Year i.e. 3rd year in academic session 2013-14 can apply for UES 24th.University Entry Scheme 24th is for Permanent Commission in the Army.
UES 24th Vacancies and Eligible BranchThe following branches are eligible for UES-24 course. A total number of 6o seats are available. The branch wise break-up of seats is given below.
BRANCH VACANCYCIVIL 15
INFO TECH/COMP SCIENCE/ 05
How to apply for TES-241. Apply on plain paper (size 30 x 20 cms) as per (UES 24 Application Form) format, given in the website : www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
2. The envelop (white) containing the application should be SUPERSCRIBED IN RED INK indicating clearly the branch of Engineering applied for. For example ‘ APPLICATIONS FOR 24 UES ENTRY -ENGINEERING’S.
3. Send your application so as to reach respective Command HQ at the following address on or before 28 Oct 2013.
o HO Northern Command (A Branch), C/o 56 APO- For students studying in the State of J&K.
o HO Western command (A Branch), Chandimandir, Pin-134107. For students studying in states of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Part of Haryana, (Distt-Ambaia, Kurushestra, Karnal, Jind. Sonipat, Panipat, Faridabad, Palwal, Gurgaon Kaithal Yamunanagar, Panchkula, Fatehbad, Jhajhar, Mewat), Delhi and Chandigarh.
o HQ South Western Command (A Branch), Jaipur (Rajasthan), PIN302012. For students studying in the state of Rajasthan and part of Haryana (Rohtak, Hissar, Bhiwani, Mohendra Garh, Rewari, Sirsa).
o HQ Southern Command (A Branch), Pune (Maharashtra) PIN-411001. For students studying in states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Daman, Diu, Dadra, Nagar Haveli, Pondicherry, Lakshadweep and Kerala.
o HQ Eastern Command ( A Branch), Kolkata (West Bengal) Pin- 700021. For students studying in the states of West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Andaman & Nicobar.
o HQ Central Command (A Branch), Lucknow (UP) PIN-226002. For student studying in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Chhatisgarh.
Selection Process1. All applications as per format of Application Form( Click here to download the blank application form UES-24) given in the website are to be forwarded to respective Command Headquarters.
2. Preliminary selection of prospective candidates studying in the Pre-Final Year ( Engineering) will be made by selection team detailed by Command HQ for holding preliminary interviews at University / Collage.
3. Candidates are required to be under graduates during the selection process and must be graduates at the time of commencement of the course. Candidates whose University examination pattern does not permit applying for the UES are advised to apply for TGC/SSC (T) commencing at IMA Dehradun/ OTA Chennai in Jan/Apr and Jul/Oct every year. TGC/SSC (T) courses are being notified in Employment News and other prominent Newspapers in April and Oct i.e. approximately nine months before commencement of TGC course at IMA Dehradun and 12 months before commencement SSC(T) course at OTA Chennai. The decision of DG Recruiting, Army HQ in the matter of shortlisting and forwarding of applications to Selection Centre for SSB interview will be final.
4. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival. During their stay at SSB, candidates are put through Psychological Tests, Group Test and Interviews.
5. Candidates will be put through stage I of the selection process on the first day. Only successful candidates shall be retained for balance of the testing. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage I will be returned on the first day itself. Stage I are Psychologically oriented tests including intelligence tests.
6. Candidates who qualify at the SSB and are found medically fit by a Medical Board will be placed in order of merit. The final selection will be made in the order up to the number of vacancies available at that time.
7. Pre-Final year candidates will be called in the year of their completion of Degree, subject to their being medically fit at that time depending on availability of vacancies and their position in the merit.
8. Selected Pre-final year students would be granted Short Service Commission on probation from the date of their joining the final year class.
9. After successful completion of degree course the candidates finally selected will be admitted for Pre-Commission training at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun for a period of 12 months.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM FOR UES-24
- UES-23 SSB CENTRE AND LIST OF SELECTED CANDIDATES
- SSB TIPS
- VARIOUS ENTRY SCHEMES IN ARMY FOR ENGINEERS